Updated 3 August 2020
Risk Assessment of Covid-19
Poste Hotels Ltd
George Hotel of Stamford
71 St Martins High Street
We have taken the time to carefully think about and plan our processes to deliver a safe experience at the George Hotel of Stamford. This is a living document that will be continuously edited and updated as understanding of the virus improves, and government guidance changes.
SARS-CoV-2 is a respiratory virus that can invade a host via the respiratory route or via hand to eye / mouth / nose contact, causing the disease COVID-19.
People who appear healthy may be carrying and shedding the virus, which can be passed on either directly or indirectly to others. This means we need to assume that anyone could be carrying the virus.
The routes of transmission:
- Direct contact to face – eyes, nose from droplets or aerosols spraying from an infected person onto another person who is in close contact.
- Contamination via droplets from sneezing and coughing landing on surfaces and then transferring via hands on to eyes and nose and mouth. Other means of secretions getting on to surfaces could be from infected people touching their eyes, nose and mouth and then touching surfaces with contaminated hands.
- Contaminated hands of infected people can transfer the virus directly to others (e.g. handshakes) or on to hand contact surfaces which can be picked up by other people’s hands and transferred to their eyes, nose or mouth
The main controls are:
- Social distancing in accordance with government guidelines
- Disinfecting hand contact surfaces
- Hand washing and hand sanitiser use at key moments
- Not touching eyes, mouth or nose with contaminated fingers
All staff have been trained on social distancing at work from colleagues and guests using the government guidelines of 2 metres or 1 metre plus with mitigation.
We have applied the following mitigations:
- maintain 2 metres where viable
- an unambiguous message to staff to stay home when symptomatic, or if a member of their household is symptomatic, and to get tested to allow contact tracing of positive cases
- working side by side when required
- perspex screen at the main reception desk
- all staff to wear a face visor
- tables have been removed where social distancing guidelines cannot be met
- chairs between tables that are at 1 metre plus are “back to back”
- no physical greetings, i.e handshakes
- all guests will be directed to one area on arrival and will be seated by the team to ensure a managed control of guests entering The George
- there will be no waiting system for tables to avoid large queues forming
- staggered staff shift times
- staggered staff break times
We have installed Radiana non-thermal ionisation ‘cubes’ in every bedroom, ground floor areas and kitchens. This ensures sanitisation of the air and surfaces by eliminating bacteria, viruses, pollutants, mould and odours.
We are using a disinfectant called Bacoban in both a spray and nebuliser form. This is a long-term anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal coating which can be applied to any surface via spray, wipe, or nebuliser. Unlike most surface protection products which once applied only last minutes, Bacoban remains active for up to 10 days after application and is resistant to the most common germs and viruses including CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19), MRSA, HIV, Hepatitis B&C and Norovirus.
The individual air conditioning units in bedrooms have been modified to produce bacteria-free air.
There will be hand sanitiser stations for guests throughout the hotel. Guests will be asked to sanitise their hands on arrival.
All staff have been trained on hand washing and hand sanitising technique. There are sanitisers in key areas for the staff which we will regularly reinforce.
All staff have been trained on:
- maintaining hand hygiene
- cough and sneezing etiquette
All staff will always sanitise hands before key actions:
- arrival at work
- fitting visor
- mis en place
- serving food and drinks
All staff will always sanitise hands after key actions:
- taking cash payments
- fitted visor
- handling guests’ luggage
- clearing tables
- leaving work
We have applied the following mitigations:
- regular cleaning of all touch contact points and objects
- all menus will be ‘one use’ only
- tables will be set up once guests have been seated
- tablecloths will be changed after each use
- tables and chairs will be cleaned down after each use
- regular cleaning of toilets
- All guests will be asked to adhere to the government compliance on gatherings. Indoor gatherings are limited to members of any two households ( or support bubble) while outdoor gatherings are limited to members of any two households ( or support bubble) or a group of at most six people from any number of households.
- All guests when seated will be asked to fill in a track and trace document, supplied with a one use pencil. Forms will be securely stored for 21 days as per requirements from NHS Track and Trace.
- All staff have received a return to work induction including all new Covid - Secure work procedures.